Sunday, August 29, 2010

Classroom to Canvas: An Art Teacher Exhibition

Tuesday I go with my girlfriends to take down my very first Art Gallery Exhibition. We had some tough times overall with the set-up & actual production of work, but we definitely pulled it off WELL :D We had a GREAT crowd to show up and on August 20th during the 3rd Friday Argenta ArtWalk! Congrats to my Art Girls for pulling this off during a seriously STRESSFUL time for all of us! We did it :D I can hear Dora singing for us now...lol! Here are some pics from the exhibit of my most recent works...
SO PROUD :)



"Cierra"
18x24 Colored Pencil & Sharpie
This piece is from a photo that I took of one lil friend that I had in my class @ Headstart when I was a infant/toddler teacher in 2003. Been saving this one for a while & finally got to do a big piece of work from it.








"The Only Exception"
Colored Pencil & Sharpie
This is a triptych of my lil Roli @ about 6 mths old or so. I am really getting into the whole idea of age progression portraits in triptych form :D
"MY Picasso Face"
10x13 Mixed Media

All four of us did our own rendition of a Picasso Face. This is a lesson that I taught in my art class & the kids hated it @ first but by the end they LOVED it! The photo doesnt really do it justice...the colors are SO BOLD in the original.
"Lindsey"
Approx. 8x10 Colored Pencil & Sharpie

This is a portrait that I started WAY before the show began & hadn't really planned on adding it into the exhibit, but it just turned out so GORGEOUS! How could I not add it :)



8x10 Sharpie Designs
"Zentangles"





Thanks to EVERYONE that helped & those of you who were able to come out & show support to your local artists/teachers :D



























2 comments:

  1. Loved the exhibition! Can't wait to see what art you will be creating in the future :) good luck Jenny, I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, Jess!! It was SO stinkin good to see you on Thursday :D I wanna see your stuff now!

    ReplyDelete