Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fun stuff :)

Some new designs that I worked on last weekend :) Thought the process might be interesting to see...


This is the first stage...i picked out a favorite lyric from "The Killers" and ran with it. I put the words on the paper first, then added some designs surrounding them. I added the arrow to draw your eye from one area to the next :)


I added to the designs to make them flow a little better and added the paisey-esque features :)


Added the stripes to add some more flow to the design:)


Close up of the designs that I added 


Added designs to the upper area


Now for the COLOR! I am loving the colors yellow and lavender together. Not colors that I would usually choose so I just went with it. This entire design is marker-based...sharpie marker and copic markers which blend like colored pencils....AMAZING!


The inner portion needed MORE...added my favorite flower design to the right side :)


Now for the left side...polka dots gradually getting smaller should work! I LOVE polka dots ;)

I dont think that this one is truly finished, because the more I look @ it them more I want to add more colors :)) With a little finesse it will be finished, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment