Friday, March 6, 2015

New EXPERIMENTAL piece...

I have been debating this piece for a while and today i decided to just get started! I really like having different projects going simultaneously, but its really hard to focus sometimes. I thought that by beginning something big like this piece, then maybe I can find some motivation for some other pieces. The last experimental piece I worked on was the girl with the braid in my earlier post. I wanted to practice hair, so I worked slowly on that piece. This one is larger and there are many different skin tones and hair colors. After a lot of searching i found 7 photos that I really liked. I cut them down and used my amazing opaque machine to get the layout right.

My 7 choices

By the time it was all put together the final image is an 11" x 22" piece with 5 faces included. I had to cut it down in the process of drawing them, but HEY! its only an experiment so I wasnt too bothered by having to cut down my images.

Final drawing with 1" border 

I have always started my portraits by beginning with the eyes. They are one of my favorite facial features. So, I didnt want to just stop working tonight after getting the layout finished. Got a little progress in before bed :)

Cant wait to do MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment