Saturday, February 28, 2015

My forever LOVES...

I have been involved in creating art since I can remember. When I was younger faces fascinated me and I always wanted to get better at drawing them. As I got older my love of realistic portrait art grew. It has stuck with me and it has been my first love in the realm of art since a very early age. I have taught myself many aspects and techniques in using colored pencils to create realistic images. It has been and still is a wondrous journey. I am constantly impressed by what I am capable of when it comes to portraits. Each piece has made me better in some way.

Recent portrait - Hair study



The second art-induced love of mine is zentangles. I have tried many different ways of getting these doodles and designs onto paper. I have tried black/white pen on scrapbook paper, pages of books, transparency paper, with washi tape boundaries, etc. My newest creations deal with doodles on top of watercolor. This is my favorite thus far, but it is an ever-changing infatuation.

Large venture into zentangles

Zentangle on scrapbook paper

Zentangle with Sepia pen and white gel pen on scrapbook paper

Zentangle and Washi tape

Zentangle and Washi tape

Zentangles on top of watercolor circles

Zentangles on watercolor stripes

Zentangle on watercolor doodles
Work in progress...





My third infatuation in the art world has been ‘hearts’. Just the simple heart shape has been a love of mine since my high school years. I have always wanted to create a series of interesting hearts. My thought process was “that’s childish” or “no one will want/care about hearts”. Well, I am taking a stab at this and I cant even explain the joy that this has brought on. I created one and the process was so relaxing and enjoyable that I have created 3 pieces total! I have been pulling from some of my favorite song lyrics and adding them to the pieces. I just LOVE them!!

(Yes, this is the unfinished piece that I showed in my last post)
"The truth never set me free, so I did it myself"
Beautiful Truth

"I believe there is hope buried beneath it all"

Work in progress...


It just goes to show that no matter what anyone thinks or what you believe they will think you should do what makes you happy. Sounds silly at first, but not everyone is going to like your work and everyone will have their own opinions. Im so glad that I am taking a chance and using new/old mediums that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment