Monday, February 23, 2015

Putting in the WORK...

I was finally able to do a little bit of designing and experimenting last night and today. After all of the organizing the reality of having a clean space has hit me. I have been dying to CREATE! Last night i had an idea just pop into my head while cleaning up my drawing table. I have been wanting to experiment further with transparency paper after doing portraits with elementary students last year. I loved the experience and the simple images that came from drawing on transparencies. I knew i wanted to do something small, so i chose to work with something on hand...those precious photos i found while working on my sons' project! I traced the image from a photo and chose scrapbook paper for the background. I chose washi tape to add around three of the sides to keep the image in place.

8" x 10" image from 2013


4" x 4" image of Lil Roli
Today I decided to take a different route. I have been wanting to paint/collage, so I chose a color inspiration picture from pinterest.

Color Inspiration thanks to Pinterest
I got out my paint and set up my area with a gorgeous view to keep me motivated.



Snowy day


 This is the last photo of the day. Not sure where i will take this piece tomorrow but i am certainly loving it! Another snow day ahead of us and nothing to hold me back.

Love the COLORS!!
I did add some paintings to my etsy shop, so make sure to drop by there and take a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment