Saturday, February 21, 2015

BETTER Beginnings...

After two years away I am choosing to begin again and start sharing the joy that I feel while creating. My artwork has taken a wonderful turn and I am in love with drawing, acrylic/watercolor painting, designing, sketching, and zentangles more than I have ever been. My first challenge has been to reorganize my Art Room. It was a complete disaster, so I started by purchasing some new organizing systems for my closet. Thank you Michaels for the wonderful sale!

Turned out PERFECT!
Now I will give you an idea of what I was up against. Its EMBARRASSING how bad it gets in this room sometimes. It ends up being the catch-all room, if I am not using my work spaces appropriately. I am lucky enough to have recently added a table specifically for painting. This way I can keep my drawing area clean at all times and I don't have to move things around each time i want to work with a different medium. I can also have more than one project going on in different mediums, which tends to be a time-saver when paintings need some time to dry or when I need a break from one piece of artwork.

Complete disarray
Alright, so you may be thinking..."thats not THAT bad". Well, imagine the fact that I have been side-stepping all of these obstacles on the floor rather than actually moving them out of the way. That is usually how things end up encircling the room and when outlying areas are full the middle of the room is the only spot left to start piling things up. Well, needless to say it took time and I do have some more organizing to do, since my drawing table still has paperwork all over it. I will just applaud the fact that even those piles are separated and ready to be moved to their rightful place. 

Could NOT be HAPPIER!!


Along with doing this SUPER fun task I had to create my sons "About Me" poster to be hung in the hallway of his school next week. He has waited ALL year for his turn and he knew what he wanted. He was so excited to look through his baby photos and pick the best images. This in itself was a daunting task and that doesn't even include the cropping of photos, printing, cutting out photos, allowing him to make his drawings, adding my own designs, and adding the captions to his chosen photos. 

Roli's "About ME" poster 


I was pretty excited to be able to go through his baby pictures, too. I found some GREAT images that really sparked some ideas. Tomorrow is a whole new day and I am hoping to do some actual drawing or painting at some point.
Sheer silliness
Sheer Joy
Sweet smile
"Seriously?"
Busy
Those HANDS!












No comments:

Post a Comment