Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers Day SURPRISE...

A few weeks back my friend, Keenan, came to me about an idea that she had for a portrait. She wanted me to create a colored pencil portrait of her grandmother, who is no longer with her sweet family. She sent me a photo of a photo and I wasn't sure that I could make it happen, but the image was BEAUTIFUL! It was gonna be tough, but I wanted more than anything to make this happen for her and her mom. We discussed a few of the details before-hand like the fact that her grandmother loved roses and when adding her name I HAD to add "Mrs", because that was important to her :) Just precious! Well, here is the process...ENJOY!

Original Image

Pencil Drawing






Figuring out the shadows





Progress with Original Image


Progress before adding the rose


Rose in the hair and first layer on the hair








Adding color to the rose





Rose is finished, background is started, and name is added


Finished piece with Original Image

Framed and pretty with a happy Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment