Sunday, April 5, 2015

Ideas are FLOWING...

I have so many ideas floating around in my head, so I decided to break the weekend up with different projects. First I finished the teeth and got some layers on the skin tone...

4 Layers of color on the skin...6 more to go 

Next, I spent some time painting. I haven't painted since it snowed, so it was definitely time. I found a color inspiration image on pinterest and ran with it. I bought a large amount of colorful tulle at a flea market for cheap, so I knew I wanted to try and incorporate that somehow. This is what I ended the session with on my 4"x11"x1.5" canvas.

Love the color COMBO!



I added tulle around that 1.5" edge of the canvas after collaging and painting

Then, I have been slowly working on this small heart painting. I still need to finish adding shadows to all the dots in the background, but today I finally chose and added song lyrics.

Love this HEART!!



"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" <3
This has been a productive weekend, but its really tough to have all of these things started and unfinished. I know that if I just stay focused I can get it done and start new things along the way.




2 comments:

  1. Can I just say I want her red lips! Gorgeous! Love the texture in the paintings with the tulle. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! That was the ONE part of the portraits that I was dying to work on :) They are ALL works in progress!

      Delete