Friday, April 3, 2015

Working THROUGH the Craziness...

Things are NEVER perfect, so even when school is completely awful, my personal life consists of running here and there, and things just start piling up I am still trying to accomplish my goal of getting projects completed. It is so difficult to balance everything, but I am doing the best that I possibly can. This first week back to work has definitely been an insane journey. I did complete the 3rd figure in my portrait of beautiful ladies...

#3 COMPLETE
This past week I haven't had a ton of time to spend on my 4th figure, but I have certainly tried to get some finished! Here are the beginning stages and a layer-by-layer example of how I add color to my portraits.

This is the ONE that I have been dying to work on since I started the piece!
Layer ONE - Pink

Layer TWO - Carmine Red

Layer THREE - Poppy Red 

Layer FOUR - Scarlet Lake

Layer FIVE - Crimson Red

Layer SIX - Tucson Red

Layer SEVEN - Black Cherry

Layer EIGHT - Dark Umber
Gel Pen for highlights

Overall, this week has had MANY ups and downs. I have managed to apply for an Artist grant, apply and get accepted to a local ArtWalk themed toward portraits on April 17th, find TWO art contests that I am interested in competing in, and listed my commission portraits in 6 sizes/prices onto my Etsy Shop! Im very proud, but completely WORN OUT...LOL! Here's hoping for a very CREATIVE weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment